JSerra Catholic High School issued the press advisory below today.
CONTACT: Bill Rams (949)351-4647; Elizabeth Bade (949)493-9307, ext. 1148
WHAT: JSerra Catholic High School in San Juan Capistrano welcomes students for the beginning of its seventh school year. The class includes more than 200 seniors – its largest senior class to date. The school opened with 125 freshman and sophomores in fall 2003.
– Despite worst recession since Great Depression, the school is posting significantly stronger than forecast enrollment.
– Its first-ever Trinity League championship athletic teams prepare to defend titles in boys soccer and baseball. Lacrosse won CIF’s Division II.
– Last year, JSerra had 220 scholar athletes with GPA of 4.0 or better – including the school’s first-ever National Merit Scholarship winner.
– Seniors to donate more than 30,000 community service hours.
– School has dedicated nearly $2.5 million in financial aid.
– First in Orange County with $110-million facilities, including a $40-million sports complex.
– Named to the Catholic High School Honor Roll three consecutive years – only high school in the region
– For more, visit www.jserra.org.
WHEN: Tuesday, September 1, 2009 starting at 8 a.m.
WHERE:JSerra Catholic High School, 26351 Junipero Serra Road, San Juan Capistrano, (949) 493-9307
WHO: Tom Wazsak, founding principal
Frank Talarico, President and CEO
Brett Kay, Orange County Register’s Baseball Coach of the Year
Jan Kilduff, chemistry teacher former NASA consultant
More than 1,000 students